Thursday, April 18, 2024

Under Construction

         


 I’m currently under construction hopefully to be stronger and better.  


The info: 1/30/2022 to Apr 20, 2024 is 811 days since Liberty left her body on this earth. 


Also on 4/20/24 will be 200 days sober. In the next 20 school days, I will become a Longhorn Legend as I will have been here for 20 years.

20 days until school is out and, we begin summer school.


I made a big decision to consolidate my debt and begin paying more on my debts on February 6th.  I did take up a lot of debt when the divorce went through.  That was my choice, so I needed a better system to get this debt paid off.  This also means that I do not have any extra money in case of an emergency.  I believe it will be okay.  


I had planned to move from the apartment in May, but after a minor assault on February 18.  A man I did not know followed me from the parking lot of my apartment, then up the three flights of stairs, and grabbed a part of my body that he had no right to touch.   I had my cat, Monkey, in his carrier as he had been visiting some other cats.  He was in my left hand, and my keys were in my right hand in a defense stance. Over and over.  I kept saying “NO! NO! NO!   It all happened so fast.  He raced down the stairs and disappeared.  None of my neighbors came out to figure what was happening.  


I moved out on March 11th. I needed to wait to get a plan for moving. The police and apartment managers were aware. The male was put in jail weeks after I moved out.  There were five other females this man had touched and/or followed in our apartment complex.  These are just the ones we knew of.   


I am happily co-habitating and I am safe. Grateful to have been able to experienceliving alone. 


It’s going to be okay.  I am so grateful that nothing worse happened.   Monkey was okay.  I was okay. 


My short term memory is doing better.  I have been so worried about this.  Grateful for the breakthrough a few weeks ago. That gives me great relief and hope. 


I made many silent promises while Liberty was leaving this world, and none of this was following these promises.  I have been trying to be careful.  Thank you for your kind understanding as I am a “cracked” work in process.  Special thanks to Mariah and Heather who have been supportive and understanding while I try to work through these recent events.  My guardian angel has to be worn out.  


https://youtu.be/FaQHyHwFgeg?si=GnS80yfNk0XhG3H1


Long term grief is real.  I will continue to keep tryng to be better, and be more careful.  I am trying.  There are some people who will hold this against me, and I pray I am wrong about that.  I am completely human and fallible, but I am trying. 






No comments:

Post a Comment