Friday, October 7, 2016

Roll On

      Days are passing- cars in the highway.   On and on we go. School, volunteering, work out, sleep, plan, read, and pray in an endless cycle.     

      Two months ago I sold the Wii.  I got rid of it because Libby can only watch others play.     She wants to play, but her body can't. I couldn't stand to watch her just watch others play. My job is partially to keep her in the game. Active.  Not a spectator. I sold the Wii for very little money.  It wasn't an admission of defeat, just fact.    
       Today, I took her Amtryke back to a drop off area for Ambucs.  She can't hold herself up, her arms and legs don't move in the way needed to "ride" her tryke safely.  It looked differently four years ago.   More safety and support was added three years ago. As her Spasticity, Dystonia, and Parkinson's progress, her body just can't. 
        I admit to having cried a little after I returned it.  Walking back through the local shopping mall.  I left the note thanking  the Ambucs volunteers for the many happy miles and the blessings.  Hoping that the tryke could live in driving someone else's happiness.   I let it go. 
 

      Can't isn't a word I generally use,  but painfully, it has to be said. Her body can't, and someone else may be able to use what she can't.   Some days I get to say that Liberty's illness is just so not fair.   It's not fair.  It sucks, but that doesn't matter. Because we could cry and whine, or look the facts in the face, get into a car, and keep rolling through the highway of our days.  
      Live today and roll on.   However that looks for you- roll on.  

      Be blessed my friends.  
Ileana

No comments:

Post a Comment