Saturday, September 28, 2013

Homecoming fun

Last week was homecoming for Caprock and we had a great time dressing up and sporting the awesome mum that Libby was given.
On superhero day, Libby and one of my students were Bat Girl.  For us, it's the dressing up and enjoying the themed days that transitions us into fall. We went to Happy's football game on Friday night, instead of the homecoming game for Caprock.  (We had already commited  to help out at the front gate with the Happy boosters.). 



Tonight, 9/28 is Rachael's 20th high school reunion.  It's amazing how time goes by, we were in this same hall for her 10 year reunion.  After what were some pseudo shocked introductions so many years ago, now I feel much more at home.  
Here are most of the Graduates of Happy high school, class of 1993. It is just an amazing gift to be able to appreciate where you have come from and recognize the great people your classmates have become.  

I know the sweet spot I have in my heart for all of my classmates. When I am in my classroom and I witness how the students are with the kids who they've been in class with since "way back" it always makes me smile. Once you know each other for so long, even if you're not close, there is a since of belonging or even ownership.  No one else can talk smack about your classmates- but you.  It's just a neat experience to be the outsider and watch the dynamics and camaraderie  unfold.  

The decorations with beautiful mums we found at Lowe's.
Some of the kids that were hanging  out with us making some cutesy crafts. 

Three hours in and going strong!   Many thanks to Lynn and Jimmy  Stockett who did so much to make this reunion a possibility.

Little decoration becomes a stole for the princess.


School is going amazingly.  I just can't explain what it is like to know you are doing what you're supposed to do. When I am teaching all is right in the universe.  I made up mind to drive myself to be all in- both feet or bust.  Just in case I end up out of the classroom in the next year, this one will be the best yet!    


No comments:

Post a Comment