Sunday, January 27, 2013

Royally 16


Here are some of the pictures- finally.  We had kept all of the decorations hidden from Libby as I wanted it to be as much of a surprise as possible.  We were able to set up the night before as Mariah came down to hang out with her sister.  Then, Rachael went up early to get everything finalized. 

I did my best to get the Princess all dolled up and as we walked into the Hall (Catholic Church Hall) it was a true gift to see Libby's face light up. 

I had been focusing on covering all of the decorations and food and not on what we would wear.  I knew I had a few prom dresses and Princess Halloween costumes in our closets, but none of them had been test driven for the now 16 year old.  (I also had not thought through the whole undergarment issue for Libby!)   Oh, and we had bought many tiaras to be used by guests and as decorations, but not one for our precious girl or ourselves.  Yep, that's me- worry about so many things and end up missing some very important stuff. 

Gratefully, Terri and Deb stopped on their way down and grabbed a beautiful tiara for the Princess.  Now, we were set!
Posing royalty here!!   Libby had a great time with so many of her Happy friends and of course with so much family around to show their love. 


Her beautiful cake!  I was super please by how her cake turned out. 
Check out Jasmin, our P.I.T. (Princess in Training)...

At one point, Libby insisted that Bobby come and sit beside her, which he did.  I am amazed at the kind consideration that Mariah and Bobby always offer for this child. 
Friends always- Myka, Desiree, and Haleigh- I LOVE THESE GIRLS!!






Just goofing around....


Jasmin patiently helped Libby go through all of her gifts. 

I cannot tell everyone how grateful we are to those that came to give Libby the Royal treatment.  Lots of adults sitting around wearing tiaras and silly crowns and doing so willingly!  My childhood Michele and her mom, Judy made it down.  It was wonderful to get to hang out for awhile.  My brother, David, made a special trip just for Miss Liberty's party.  Lots of sacrifices made to ensure that we could make this party happen and I am grateful to all and I am glad we did it. 

Thank you to everyone.   
Now, about the baby being 16..... guess I'll get used to it!

Ileana

No comments:

Post a Comment