Thursday, December 19, 2013

Co-working

Working with me, around me, near me must be a trip. My abilities and personality aside, life with Libby as my kid, in my class and on my campus, is definitely a ride. 
Rather than Libby spend her lunch in the nurses office, she's been eating with me. You can imagine how excited she is to be in my room instead of with her friends. 
The placement of the feed bag is important- a carbiner clip works everywhere. 
What? Ya need to potty in the middle of the meal?  Gotcha covered.  

You have to laugh and adapt and sometimes your co-worker will guard the door so you can deal with a 16 year old in the middle of a tantrum.  

Working with me isn't easy. I'm creative to the point of being highly annoying. I make leaps in conversations that are hard to follow.  I am driven to learning and striving to be a better teacher in a purely nauseating incessant way.  My classroom lives in truly organized chaos.  
None of these things have changed, they are only exacerbated because I parent Libby at school. 

Thank you to all of the amazing people I work with. I appreciate you all more than you'll ever know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment